This weekend Mommy,William, and I took a guided tour on local plants and herbs. Our guide was Linda Diane Feldt . We learned what herbs were edible and their healing powers.
We sampled the following plants along the way: Lambs Quarter, Wild Grape Vine, Clover, Pepper Grass, Bladderwort, Dames Rocket and Mulberries. Below I am eating Bladderwort flowers.
Here is a picture of Catnip. Catnip can be used to repel mosquitos if you break it up and put it in your hair or rub it on your skin.
We also learned that Burdock leaves can be used on burns. Henry touched the hot iron yesterday and we went outside but couldn't find any in our yard. Some people eat the Burdock roots.
Plantain you can use on sores and rashes. You can chew on it if you have a sore throat.
We had a lot of fun and we learned too much to remember but are happy we took pictures and notes. The best part was finding mulberries.

We have mulberries here too! Yummy! Sounds like a fun hike!
ReplyDeleteGreat report, James! I used to go on hikes with my mom's friends and pick all kinds of plants to use for tempura. I could use some Plantain as I try to recover from a cold with sore throat.
ReplyDelete