The boys are all around hovering over this message and a bit nervous because they are taking the title very literally. Well these clothing items aren't really to die for but maybe worth losing a little bit of sleep for. We became quite obsessed and completed over a 100 items for family and friends. It is a messy task so most of the work was done after hours between 10:00 pm and 2:00 am so that no babies or toddlers would disrupt the process and then completely dye themselves and whatever they came into contact with as well. It felt like Christmas every time we opened and rinsed a new article of clothing......oh the joy of vibrant colors! If your life is feeling dull just slip on a tie dye t-shirt and awaken to a happy and carefree world. James has requested to do this again next spring. I don't know if I can wait that long. I think we may try batik in the meantime. FYI - I got the inspiration from Dharmingtradingco.com
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
To Dye For!
Labels:
random projects
The boys are all around hovering over this message and a bit nervous because they are taking the title very literally. Well these clothing items aren't really to die for but maybe worth losing a little bit of sleep for. We became quite obsessed and completed over a 100 items for family and friends. It is a messy task so most of the work was done after hours between 10:00 pm and 2:00 am so that no babies or toddlers would disrupt the process and then completely dye themselves and whatever they came into contact with as well. It felt like Christmas every time we opened and rinsed a new article of clothing......oh the joy of vibrant colors! If your life is feeling dull just slip on a tie dye t-shirt and awaken to a happy and carefree world. James has requested to do this again next spring. I don't know if I can wait that long. I think we may try batik in the meantime. FYI - I got the inspiration from Dharmingtradingco.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Hi Al,
ReplyDeleteI love all the tye-dyes you made for us. They are so colorful and unique. My bright pink t-shirt makes me feel very cheerful. The kids love to wear theirs, too.
Thanks for all of your hard work, middle-of-the-night-inspiration, and hours of rinsing.
James was the best helper the marathon tye-dye night of the reunion! We love the fun t-shirts and want to make more. Do you still have the blue & red dye left?
ReplyDelete