Monday, May 2, 2011

Water Hill Music Festival



An impromptu drive after church led us to the Water Hill Music Festival.  It was kind of like trick or treating or yard saling, going house to house and following signs, but the treat and treasure was live music.  And what a treat it was, there is nothing like live music to enliven the soul.  I love the way the girls instinctively starting dancing without a trace of self consciousness, actually I'm quite jealous of that and sometimes wish I had the courage to let it out some place other than kitchen while cooking and cleaning.  

So here we are perched on some one's front lawn enjoying the beautiful day and enjoying the music.


What I love about Ann Arbor and events like these is the sense of community.  I love that we bumped into both old and new friends at this event.  Here we are around the May Pole, it was a nice tangled mess when we were through but certainly fun in both the making and untangling.


The girls had their noses down in the flowers along the way but we urged them only to pick the dandelions.  I was dripping with them around my face and in my hair before we were too many blocks into the event.


So engrossed in the music, we seemed to lose track of time and even remember that it was fast Sunday and we should have been starving.  We even forgot where we parked but didn't mind wandering around the music filled corners.  Instead we dreamed and talked as we walked, of starting our own family band, each calling out their instrument of choice after observing them in action.  

Though our home may be void of musical talent, we've now got the urge and guts to collect a few instruments to experiment and just have fun.  Thanks for inspiring us you great musicians of Water Hill!

 

1 comment:

  1. If you can talk, you can sing. Period. I mean Michael Bolton has a grammy and he sounds like he's on the toilet! We'll get together and jam sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails