It was cold outside today but we knew that even before we checked the outside rooster. The trouble is most our outerwear is still in the barn. I've been waiting, begging and mostly nagging Paul to finish the basement here so I can have a convenient spot to organize and store it all.
When I called for everyone to bundle up they got really creative, they headed straight for the dress-up box.
I've said it so many times before, I love the way children dress themselves. It makes me laugh and reminds me of what really matters. It reminds me that we can be anything we want.
Under this hoodie is a Wonder Woman-Sacagawea combination.
Henry is Buzz Lightyear, Batman and a hunter.
And Clara makes the cutest little farmer astronaut.
George is still subject to my preferences, but he wears it as his own.
And then there's me, I'm still getting some wear out of some really old maternity clothes. But the truth is here on the farm and among our surrounding community there's no one to look you up and down, no one to impress and no one who would even cares about fashion. I find it somewhat refreshing and have found a more practical and authentic me in the way I now dress.
And as the weather continues to cool I may have to sew up a few more hoodies because this one is so warm and comfortable. Or maybe I should finally make myself a maternity sized costume and join in the fun of the little kids.






Alison, It's Heidi, I have to admit I still check your blog, it is so fun to see what you and your family is up to! Congrats on the next baby! And the farm, cider, chickens, everything!! You never cease to amaze me. You inspire me to be better and enjoy each day!
ReplyDeleteYou also make me want to come back to Michigan and get some yummy cider! I miss it!
I love the outdoor costume wear. It's a good way to prepare for trick-or-treating!! ;-) I think you need a maternity costume
ReplyDelete