Saturday, October 10, 2009

Family biking and the Madsen Cycle


Now we can all ride together!  

Well everyone except me, my stomach is already too big but I can't wait to take the new Madsen Cycle on family bike rides and even to the grocery store.   The cargo bucket has seats and belt buckles for 4 passengers or enough space for a weeks worth of food.

For now we've decided to rent a home in Ann Arbor but we are hoping to be settled on a nearby farm by Spring/Summer.  When we do finally settle this bike will serve as our farm utility vehicle (it actually does great off road) but until then it will get much use on all the bike paths in and around Ann Arbor.  Paul is even selling his car - we'll see how long we can last as a one car family.

Here the kids are enjoying the flat path around Liberty Park. Peter just barely took off his training wheels and stated: "Mom, I think my heart is smarter than my brain because when l listen to my brain I get scared and fall but when I listen to my heart I just keep pedaling".  I told him I'd remember that the next time I try something new.  

9 comments:

  1. Wow! I'd seen the ads but it's great to see it works as promised.

    Is he going to use that instead of a car in the Michigan winter? Brave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got one!!! So jealous. That is going to be great for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so great! So much more fun for the babies than breathing dust in the trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh fun! So have you moved yet or are you in the process? Good luck with it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peter is a wise one. And that bike looks like a great ride. When do you move to MI for good? ANd I am curious as to where Paul is working that you have been able to put off the move for so long?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Madsen's were in our ward when we lived in SLC back in the late 90's! Such a neat idea! I'd love one too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the coolest bike. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi everyone...just read your most current blogs..........sounds so interesting.all the things you get done, Alison, is amazing. You will get me motivated that is for sure. I need someone to inspire me to start sewing again. I am not having trouble knitting but sewing is another issue. We are so excited about your coming. I have been containing myself but now I am ready to explode with joy. The only thing is that I think about Oma and Opa and then it makes me feel sad because I know they will miss all of you so much. Will talk to you soon..
    lots of love, Mom F/Nanny

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails