Spills happen.
Sometimes we're quick to wipe them up and sometimes I just find them. It is funny how such a small offense has the power to throw me into a "mommy freak out", but not always, sometimes I have the patience to watch the flow along side my children and make our own interpretations of them, kind of like watching clouds. We often see animals and States in our spilled milk and on one occasion James was so convinced the spill looked like Texas' Bevo that he took a picture of it.
Just last week one child decided to get out of bed and serve himself up what was left of a cold pot of hot chocolate. I was in the other room resting by the fire when I heard first the clunk then the little "uh-oh". It was probably around 10:30 pm and though I was in no mood for a second round of kitchen clean-up I was more irritated with the child out of his bed after repeated tuck-ins. I marched into the kitchen full of frustration but before I could voice it, I noticed the spilled milk had formed its way into a heart. So of course I had to take a picture of it. But before I did I gave my child a hug and poured him a fresh cup of milk then sent him back up to bed.
Hearts appear in the strangest of places and when they do I take them as a sign of love. I often see hearts in the grain of wood and in rock form but sometimes they appear in the way a piece of thread was trimmed and fell to the floor. The girls often sprinkle them around the house in the form of paper scraps or smudge them onto foggy windows. A couple weeks ago I noticed some parking lot litter took the form of a heart and that made me smile, I wondered how many other shoppers noticed it and smiled just because it was there. That is all I can remember right now but I promise if you look out for them you will see hearts appear just when you need a reminder of love. Because sometimes all it takes is a reminder of love to turn a spilled milk episode into another opportunity to hug a child.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I lived this Al!
ReplyDeletethis is beautiful
ReplyDelete