The country man Paul had a birthday this past weekend so we surprised him with a Schleich chainsaw figure on top of his brownie cake - it looks just like him when he's off cutting wood.
We also invited some neighbors over for dinner but I dropped the ball on a few key ingredients for the planned dinner - there are no corner stores for quick ingredients here so our guests headed right back home and provided what we needed from their larder.
The birthday boy specifically requested "no gifts" but I ordered a few anyway, they were DIY books, one on organic orchard care and the other on how to build a tree house in one weekend. So basically for his birthday we added a few pages to his "To Do" list. But he was more than a good sport and couldn't stop laughing.
The kids made some great cards. Here is the farm themed one William drew of him tilling the cake.......
And now for the not so country thing I did for Paul on his birthday. As soon as he woke up I hugged him, looked him in the eyes and said, "go check out the birthday message I just wrote for you on facebook."



Happy Birthday to Paul! I just realized that Paula and Scott's birthdays are close too. Scott's was on May 2nd. Funny how that is.
ReplyDelete