Thursday, May 10, 2012

Wrapped in love


I wanted those who supported me during my pregnancy and assisted in the birth of Charles to know how much I appreciated the tender care they offered on my behalf.  It took me 8 babies to really learn what it means not only how to care for myself but how to allow others to care for me as well.  These women, my midwives, my friend Krissy and sister Mary wrapped me in love through their service during a time when I felt physically weak and emotionally vulnerable.  My experiences with them taught me so much about sisterhood, my vision of "Relief Society" shifted and I am forever changed.

I made a wrap bracelet for each of these women.  Originally inspired by the Sundance catalog I was thrilled to find a great tutorial on Pinterest.  Each bracelet is different with varying semi precious stones and different lengths.  I am not an expert crafter and simply making them on top my bed during my postpartum recovery time they are not perfect, but with them I offer my love, that they may feel it wrapped around them.     

  

Here I model with one of my favorite Tractor Supply shirts.  And now I just may help my kids make one for me for Mother's day because I'm ready to forget what was offered last Mother's day.  




6 comments:

  1. Those bracelets are gorgeous! Even more so because of the care you put into making them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so beautiful and I'm not a jewelry person. Gotta check that tutorial out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I might just have to make one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the bracelet! It will always be a treasure along with the memories of Charles's birth. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. they are so cute. you did great. with birthing baby Charles and making the bracelets

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Those are the types of gifts I cherish as a midwife. Those are gorgeous....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails