
Paul and I always make or write something for each other each Christmas. This is what he made for me this year, a homeschool binder.
For the past six months whenever he read something interesting he'd clip it then write a few discussion questions for the kids and I to work through. The topics range from science, current events, economics, arts, general interest, religion, and sports and it looks like it might take us at least six months or even a year to get through them all.
I don't have an exact plan on how we are going to incorporate these into our day but it maybe that I read them to the younger kids, let the older boys read on their own then write out their own thoughts and answers and be ready for a group discussion by dinner time. Or it may be just the thing to hand over to one of the kids as soon as I hear them say "I'm bored".
This was a great gift for me, something I certainly never even thought of compiling. As for what I made Paul, it was nothing spectacular, in fact it was basically the same thing I made him last year just different pictures.


This is just amazing. Scott has always brought things back home that he wanted me to read, but paul took it to a whole new level by compiling for the whole family to read. I have to ask Scott to do that.
ReplyDeleteGreat homemade gift! I love all of the homemade gift ideas. I think everyone is recovering from the sprint to the finish for Christmas morning!
ReplyDelete