School was called off for all of last week due to illnesses. We spent our days mostly watching movies and napping - it really was a blur.
I did find bursts of energy here and there and took off with it by cleaning out every corner of the girls room including their closet and drawers. It was clear they were in need of new jammies.
I've had this Kwik Sew 3234 pattern since the new year but let it sit because I was tired of making knit jammies. Of all the pj's I have ever made this pattern is the quickest! It is my new go - to pj pattern.
My go - to knit fabric source is the fabric fairy and we are very happy with both the quality of the knit and the design. Clara picked the rainbow hearts and Maryanna picked the Russian nesting dolls.
Not much more to say about these except they will be made again and again as long as we need new jammies.
Here they are in "action" - since being "active" is always a part of the girl's bedtime routine.
After clearing out their room the girls convinced me to rearrange the furniture so their beds were right next to each other. They told me they would sleep better. It looks a little strange but it actually worked! Instead of getting out of their beds to play together they just stay in their beds and play and soon fall asleep.
They're not really sleeping in this next photo but at least they're trying.
Next up - clean out the boys' room and possibly make some more pj's for them too.


love the pjs.
ReplyDeletei wish i liked sewing with knits.
maybe i should give this pattern a try and it could be a possibility to get hooked on making jammies, at least. :)
Adorable. Can I place an order?
ReplyDeleteYou are right. I like the shape of these for girls.
ReplyDeleteSo did the Janome work for you with different thread?
Very cute!
ReplyDeleteMaryanna grew.
ReplyDeleteI miss y'all so much.
KathyaB- Don't be intimidated by knits - you don't even need a serger, just good quality knits - go for it!
ReplyDeleteDoccarrie- I set up an etsy shop over a year ago but haven't yet gathered the guts (or time) to "sell" anything.
Marie'- thought I solved the problem but lost some of the stitching after the first wash (or first jump and tumble) - GAk!
Cyfaill- Oh, I'm so ready to be back in the world after this flu!
I'm impressed that you were still sewing with the flu!
ReplyDelete