Saturday, December 26, 2009

Happy Homemade Christmas - Fabric Photo Book




This is our third year of exchanging homemade gifts and I admit last year the tradition got a bit out of hand with me doing most of the work last minute- this year I tried to simplify it and let the kids work mostly on their own.  Here's what they came up with.

This one was To: Henry From: James

What I did:
-bought the supplies
-taught James how to use Adobe
-cut the template for the pages
-top stitched, serged, and added the snap

What James did:
-came up with the idea
-took the pictures
-designed the layout and size
-formatted the images
-cut the fabric
-pressed the interfacing on
-and kept me company while I did the sewing

Henry loves his little book and it turned out so cute I kind of want to make another one.  Maybe we'll make a quiet book for church next time.

4 comments:

  1. I love the favorite things book. Great gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. James, Kate really liked this book. Will you teach us how to make one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea, I'll steal this one too! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails