Saturday, March 14, 2009

Winter into Spring



It was mass production mode at my little sewing corner yesterday.  Peter requested a new hoodie since his was getting too small (he has grown 2 1/2 inches since we last measured him).  As we were picking out the colors everyone got jealous so I promised them each their own.

The pattern is from the Japanese over lock kids book. It is sized 90-140 so I had to grade 150 for James. Mine was from the adult Japanese over lock book and I love the comfortable fit! We used old T-shirts we had on hand but had to send Paul to Old Navy Clearance to fill in the gaps. An XXL men's t-shirt at $5 is worth it when you can sew two kids' shirts out of it. It also makes for quick sewing when you already have the hems and sleeves finished.

This is a great shirt for changing temperatures.

 

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Alison, they turned out so cute. You know they will get a lot of use when you let the kids pick out the colors. I need to make some for our kids.

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! And so thrifty at the same time. Something I need to do a better job with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so great! You inspire me to sit down and sew. Maybe I'll have to come up and trace another pattern. I did, however, sew two blocks of my quilt today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the hoodies! I'm impressed that you whipped out seven of them so quickly.

    I did borrow Marie's recital book, but only to look at it and admire the dresses. I am just a beginner at sewing clothing, so I opted to make a dress from girly style wardrobe--view "t" which seemed fairly simple. It's actually turning out really cute, but I made a mistake on the ruffle and haven't had time to take out the stitches and fix it. I'm going to have to ask Marie to help me when I attempt it again so I don't make the same mistake twice. I'll post it as soon as it's finished, which I'm hoping will be soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so impressed! I wish I could sew. I have no patience and Bob usually has to come and save any endeavors. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alexandra said, "Are they going trick-or-treating or something?" I say great project. Someday I will sew, maybe not.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails