The women and children will play. Last night I hosted a sort of impromtu kids/sisters party at my house while all the men attended Priesthood meeting. Suz, Mary, Emily, and Becca all joined this small gathering with their children. There were 20 children in total to make it especially eventful.
The great thing about sister gatherings is there is a fine line between hostess/guest. All chip in to make the fun happen. We had Natalie and Emily prepare the twice baked potatoes, Caroline and I did the homemade ice cream, Mary and Becca served the children, and Suz was the official taste consultant to those preparing the food.
After all the little ones were feed we sent them to basement where we originally planned to put a movie on for them. But before we could start a show several of the children had gotten into my dress-up closet and it was too much fun- even more fun than watching a movie. So it was suggested that they gather together and make their own movies. The adults were then sent upstairs.
Us sisters just hung out talking and laughing as we nursed our babies. It was quite surprising how long the kids were occupied, even more surprising is there was not one conflict. They were happily absorbed in their play. It didn't seem like there were 20 children downstairs (well actually 19 since Natalie should be counted with us now).
Three shows were performed and recorded and I'm sorry I could not hold the video very still as they were quite entertaining. Just like the unplanned parties seem to be the most memorable these unplanned performances were remarkably fresh and amusing.
Us moms couldn't resist the fun and grabbed a few costume accessories for both ourselves and babes in arms, put on music and joined in on the kid costume party. While we were dancing one of the kids picked up the video camera and filmed us this time it being shaken with even more laughter. It sure doesn't take much to have fun with family.


Al--great party. I do think impromtu get togethers are the best because there are no expectations. It was nice to sit around and hang out with everyone and I got my baby fix by holding everyones cute babies. Thanks for hosting. I will blog about what the guys dinner.
ReplyDeleteHow fun! All of us here lost husbands to business trips, so we have been having dinners together too.
ReplyDeleteYou sure have great costumes!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteGood times. Too many funny things to list. I need to start beefing up my dress up box for the next time I have visitors. I can't believe you had costumes for 20 people.
ReplyDeleteAl that was a great party. My kids and I had so much fun. Hopefully your house isn't too trashed from all of those kids over.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much!!
Aunt Al--I'm glad I'm accepted in your cool sister group. Thanks for the fun time.---Natalie
ReplyDeletegreat party. i'm glad you didn't put the pics of julianna going crazy!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a great way to spend the evening! How fun
ReplyDelete