Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Wordfull Wednesday: My Favorite Season



To all those in the Wordfull Wednesday circle I am passing this assignment on to my 8 yr. old James. My favorite season is now - the one I am experiencing. Here's James while I go clean up our bagel mess before we have a visit from a prospective buyer.

In our home there are five seasons Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall, and Football season. My favorite is Football.  Being a Michigan fan makes it especially fun. Pictured here is my little brother Henry on the day of the Michigan/Utah game.  He is wearing the old Halloween costume my mom sewed for me when I was six days old.  He doesn't look happy maybe because the score was 25-23 Utah.  


Besides Utah, Michigan has played Miami (Ohio) 16-6 Michigan, at Notre Dame 38-17 (that game was frustrating because the referee didn't call for a touchdown and Michigan should have had 24)Notre Dame won,  and Michigan vs. Wisconsin.  Michigan won 27-25.


Sometimes it is hard to be a fan when your team loses especially when it is a game they should have won.  What makes it all worth it is winning games like the #9 ranked Wisconsin game.  My Dad and I were jumping around and shouting so loud that Henry was crying.  Maybe when he gets older he will understand how fun it is.    



6 comments:

  1. Nice post, James! Jerome has been going to football games this year, and he likes it a lot. He has fun with his cousins, and aunts and uncles. Our team, on the other hand has not been doing well. We have lost most of the games. Losing is hard, but it is part of the sport isn't it? If Michigan and WSU both go to the Rose Bowl again, we should take you and Jerome to the game.
    Do you play any sports, James? Jerome is thinking he might take some swimming lessons to improve his time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post James. My boys are big football fans too. They especially like to watch the BYU games. Good luck this weekend, I hope Michigan wins!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha.. I laughed at your post... In australia where I live we play Rugby League and AFL (Australian Football) google them...

    we dont wear padding or helmets so you have to be tough to get hit straight on!!

    enjoy football season

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job James! Growing up at our house it was soccer season. Isn't it fun to have these great memories and times to spend with your family?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love football season, too! We had fun watching the Michigan game and were glad they won last week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post......I love the five seasons Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall and Football Season....I really like football season too........=)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails