Saturday, December 27, 2008

Happy Homemade Christmas stuff - Photo Journal


This was for Paul who stuffs his pockets with scraps of paper for taking notes on things he reads and thinks.  I would have liked to give him a pile of moleskines but I couldn't resist this project which I originally saw on One Pretty Thing ( I frequented this site daily as crunch time approached).

I already had everything for this project on hand and will make more when this one fills up.  I especially love that I was able to use up old spiral notebook paper for the pages.  

2 comments:

  1. I love the handmade gifts you gave. We tried to do all handmade this year too. These picture journals are similar to the notepads I made for all my sisters-in-law with photos of their kids on each page. I've never been to One Pretty Thing's website. What a treasure trove!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am interested to know what Paul writes down. You will have to let us know as it fills up with his thoughts. Did you sew the spine with your sewing machine? I can see that a cover with fabric would be cute too.

    I checked out "One Pretty Thing". It is full of fun ideas. Thanks for the link. I love the leg warmers with pompoms. Asha would look so cute in a pair of those, and it would be a quick project to finish.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails