To: William
made with love
From: Henry
Forts are fun! This is a kit stuffed in a back pack includes 4 tie dyed sheets and 4 wooden clips
Henry helped tie the sheets and watched me dye them. The clips were purchased off etsy, I arranged the backpack and Henry painted the picture of William below his name..... it looks kind of like a spider.
When William opened it he said.... "this is great! I've always wanted some privacy and it is so hard to find it in our home".
Here he is enjoying his private spot. This was fun and quick to make and also William's favorite gift.






Question: I saw those wooden clips on etsy. Are they strong enough to hold up the fabric? At what age do you think kids are strong enough to use them? Also, would you make more of those felt animals, or was two enough? I am starting to think about next Christmas since I made nothing this year. My goal is to make one thing every month and put it away for December, when I have absolutely no time to sew. I will email you my secret list soon, but it is guaranteed to have lots of things you have made this year:)
ReplyDeleteLove the fort! My kids adore making forts all over the house.
ReplyDeleteI saw you asked about painting on fabric at Soulemama and wanted to share old posts from my blog (if you don't mind the kid pictures in there too!)
http://theartistthemom.blogspot.com/2009/08/painting-on-fabric.html
http://theartistthemom.blogspot.com/2008/12/silk-gift-idea.html
http://theartistthemom.blogspot.com/2010/02/just-another-snow-day.html
Hope this helps!
Thanks for the tips Angela!
ReplyDeleteMarie'- All of my kids would have loved the felt animals. They are getting a lot of use and wearing out a bit though. I would like to try felting some animals out of wool.
The wood clips work until a younger sister comes by and yanks the whole thing down. I bet Scott could make them himself. It is just two pieces of wood with big rubber bands holding them together.
I lOVE this fort kit! Amazing!
ReplyDelete