Monday, January 3, 2011

Homemade Christmas: Herbal RIce Packs

While the kids exchange homemade gifts amongst themselves Paul and I have made it a tradition to make something for each other every year as well.  This Christmas I almost forgot and had to whip something up quick on Christmas eve.  

This is basically a small rectangular pillow filled with rice and dried lavender and mint.  It is to be heated up in the microwave and used as a hot pack for sore muscles.  The kids were jealous of project so I gave them some fabric to make one for me, Nanny and a few of their aunts.  They did a fine job.


Here's the rice pack in action.  Did you know working on spreadsheets for hours on end can give you a sore neck?  As for the gift Paul made for me.....I was told it is not finished yet, maybe it is a spreadsheet?

3 comments:

  1. I love all of your Christmas Projects!!! Like the fabric on the top one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love all your homemade gifts. My oh my.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When my little girls (homebirths), we had a basket full of "rice socks" but none as pretty as yours.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails