Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New Year, New Jammies part III

And now for the older boys, I'm pleased they are still requesting and wearing my handmade jammies.


Not much more to add from the last post because I used the same pattern and fabric sources, the Fabric Fairy and an old stash bin.  Marie' asked about my pattern frustration so I'll go ahead and clarify here.

The pattern was too long in the crotch length but too short in the legs.  Also the sleeve length and hem were too long but all of those were easy fixes.  'i just wouldn't have known to fix them unless I tried them on them first.  One thing I usually do when making something for my children (instead of measuring them in their sleep - because that is when I sew) is grab a piece of clothing that I know fits them well and adjust accordingly.

Here is a picture of the jammies in motion:


And a take down.  Sure hope these jammies stand the test of time (and someone gets to vacuuming that dog hair under the couch).


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails