Monday, January 10, 2011

New Year, New Jammies part II

Next up - boy jammies. Here are Henry and Peter's:


Again these great knits were purchased from the Fabric Fairy well before Christmas.  As part of my New Year's resolutions I also dug deep into my fabric stash and added old stuff where I could.


It was fun to match the fabrics to the personalities.  Peter got the Kung-Fu monkeys and since I only had a yard on hand I cut the little figures out and sewed them to the top to make it a set.  

The top is an army green cotton fleece accented with red cotton fleece, at the neckline and also elbow patches (just for fun, and sometimes he actually does wear holes in his elbows).




Because I was working on all the jammies at once, I didn't worry about matching thread on the hemlines and ended up liking the white contrast from the coverpro.


Henry got the lobster print.  He's a funny guy and it was a chance for him to diversify his interests from Thomas and trains.  He kept saying .... "Mommy, I like lobster just like Opa".



The pattern for these are from the Japanese children's lockstitch book.  I don't love the fit of them so I ordered Kwik Sew 3234 for the future.

As for the boys' preferred wind down activity - unlike the girls' fairy flying practice, it is always football, wrestling and Kung-fu.




I can certainly sew but I'm not that good at getting my kids to bed.

2 comments:

  1. Good to know about the pattern in the lockstitch. Did you not like the fit of the pants? I think the shirts look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alison...Poppy & I got caught up with your blog...love the new jammies. You are so talented. Hope some of it rubs off on me...Love Nanny

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails