Sunday, February 8, 2009

Birthday Sewing Party




I'm just about a 1/3 of a century now and to celebrate I invited my sisters and older nieces over for a sewing party.  Most of us worked on aprons but Becca started a birthday banner and Cathy made bibs.  It was a fun and productive evening and when my Dad stopped by and saw all the machines at the table he asked if there was another "arms race" going on.


I kind of skipped on the treats and refreshments because in my mind sewing and eating don't mix.  That may not have been the best party plan because Cathy joked that for her birthday she was going to invite us all over to eat junk food and watch T.V.

For me though there is nothing more enjoyable than doing projects with my sisters so that's how we celebrated.  

10 comments:

  1. What fun is that?! You have cool sisters. And look at all those nice machines! Now I finally have your birthday on my calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice, Happy Birthday! Your mother looks lovely, it has been too long.

    Devon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Al--the birthday party was a hit!!! We had a great time and I can't wait to wear my apron. :) Thanks for having us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that is a great idea. It leaves everyone with presents to take home :) Wish I could have come! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!. We are getting older. HOw does life seem to just fly by these days?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a great party Al! My goal is to finish our aprons today. No more projects in the "to finish" pile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Alison! Emily just had a sewing party for her birthday on Saturday also. I let her invite 4 friends over and they each made a cute little peasant top. They loved it--they got to pick their fabrics from my stash and cut and sew everything. I still need to shir the last two of them. I am glad you had a fun time. I am hoping to make a few aprons this week also :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday!! What a fun way to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday!

    Hey, I'm coming through Utah this week... any chance I could stop by and see you?
    It's been soooo long!
    (Dresden)
    bushr31093@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Al! What a fun party. I want to sew with you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You should have told me and I would have set up my sewing machine and attended virtually. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails