Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Year, New Jammies part I

These nightgowns were suppose to be for Christmas but I didn't get to them until last week, since they are knit they were a lot quicker to sew up than last year's.


The cute mushroom print is from the Fabric Fairy but there was no pattern used.  Instead a basic T-shirt was traced as the base for the neckline and sleeves then I added gathers. 

Just recently Maryanna declared her independence in not matching her sister.  Matchy-match is cute for little girls but that is not why I do it, it is just a lot easier to make two of the same thing.  I had to get creative in convincing Maryanna that these nightgowns were indeed different.


Clara's has a high yoke, more gathers, pink bow and hemmed at the knee.


Maryanna's has just a few gathers at the neckline that extend down to where it is secured at a high waist with a small rectangular piece of knit.  There is a yellow bow, no gathers in the back and longer in length (it was hard to get them to stand still for the details).


But I'm happy to report that they love these nightgowns and it took no bribing to get them to wear them.  In fact, neither of them wanted to let them go to the laundry pile last week.


The new jammies were so much fun that is was hard to go to sleep.


This is what bedtime looked like:


Just glad there are no rips in the new nightgowns.....yet.

1 comment:

  1. You have been busy! Maryanna's has a beautiful silhouette. You are so talented to be able to just make it up. The bright colors of the mushrooms make them fun to wear, don't they? So proud of you for finding the fabric from fabric fairy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails